Sigma seeks a qualified candidate to support 'Stingray' - a tactical suite of satellite communications (SATCOM) equipment.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manuals as well as system training manuals. The candidate will coordinate closely with engineering staff, logistics, and the configuration manager (CM) to ensure diagrams, drawings, and procedures reflect the current system configuration.
Technical Writer Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in project team meetings and teleconferences
- Develop coherent, easy to follow procedures, work instructions and production documentation that aligns with customer requirements
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and formatted in a consistent manner
- Consolidate content to minimize or eliminate redundant information.
- Prepare required technical documentation, and provide expertise for any documentation tasks. Provide documentation support for, but not limited to technical management plans, status reports, meeting minutes, test plans, Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms), SOPs, TTPs, waivers, and other technical documents.
- Ensure all documents are properly checked into SharePoint with the proper meta-data and tags allowing easy retrieval of required documents and information
- Implement permission settings to ensure documents cannot be modified without going through the proper workflow and approvals.
- Edit and review technical documents for format, style, and language correctness.
- Collect and clarify technical information from engineering staff
- A Bachelors degree and 3 years of working experience or High School and 7+ years of experience
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Minimum of 3+ years’ work experience as a technical writer.
- Strong IT working knowledge.
- Advanced experienced with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong focus on meeting deliverables and timelines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic team environment and alone.